Create a series or individual illustrations inspired by Nature and People. Develop illustrations into prints/zines and any other format of making or image making technique with the intention to sell. As the project and illustrations develop as will the focus point of the project.
I feel excited and have a clearer mind. I am going to spend a few weeks illustrating and developing the project to have a body of work ready to develop into something I can sell.
- Get illustrating, develop ideas and inspiration for the next few weeks, have a solid body of work to show in the group tutorial on 14/03/12.
- Research into online shops, etsy, folksy and gallery shops; ongoing.
- Start thinking about how to translate illustrations into prints/zines/postcards/book covers in order to sell, ask advice in tutorial.
- Create a portfolio or more professional online blog.
- 24/03/12- Bradford Zine Fair.
- 29/03/12- Have printed/bound pieces of work as examples to show and present how I am going to sell them.
- Carry on developing images/illustrations/prints ready to sell.
- Look at how other artists sell online, set up an online shop.
- Utilize the print room/book binding studio and resources in college, plan time around access to resources.
- When resources are not available use time to research craft stalls and set up online shop and profile.
By the deadline I will...
- have a body of work developed into a format to sell, whether it be prints, zines, the format will be lead through the project.
- have set up an online shop and work will be on there ready to sell.
- created a professional online portfolio.
- have a good knowledge about pricing according to cost of materials etc.
- developed illustration and making skills.