Thursday 29 September 2011

Gathering research and inspiration

I have been looking on etsy to gather information of the kinds of ceramics people make and sell, there is so much out there. I feel inspired to go and get started and explore the different objects I can make. I have picked out a few things I really like.





Wendy Alderman



Orly Pittel





From browsing and reading I have discovered a never ending list of possibilities of objects to make and ways to make them using ceramics and glass. I am discovering that there are many different techniques to stain them, paint, print, illustrate on to the objects and need to research them in further depth. And I haven't even read the books I got out of the library yet! I think I need to concentrate on one material and one object to begin with.


  • Kitchenware; plates, pots, tea pots, mugs, tea sets, sauces, coasters, bowls...
  • Vases
  • Moneyboxes
  • Plantpots
  • Brooches
  • Jewellery; rings, necklaces
  • Bookstops
  • Decorations
  • Ornaments
  • Tiles
  • Textured paper; smelly paper

No comments:

Post a Comment