Tuesday 28 February 2012

Hannah Waldron

Hannah Waldron works with a variety of different mediums such as printmaking, weaving, and ink. I really like her approach to each material and process, it interests me as a big part of my interest and practice lies with combining illustration and making by using different processes and materials.

I have previously blogged about her publication Rain Day, which I really like and feel is relevant to look now as I want to create my own stories/books/zines. It is interesting that there is no text within Rain Day and feels appropriate as the illustrations speak for themselves. This is something that I need to think about when developing my work, thinking about text and whether it is needed or not dependent on the focus of subject.






Some of her weaving, I have never before tried my hand at weaving, I really like the aesthetic!



Hannah Waldron's blog and website

No comments:

Post a Comment