What is our stall?
Selling Christmas cards and possibly decorations.
How much space will we need?
- A table to put all cards on display.
- Display the cards in boxes, show boxes? Making it easy for people to flick through.
- Display an example of each design.
Why is it attractive to our audience?
- As our audience is art students, students and teachers they will be interested in handmade crafts and buying them.
- They will appreciate the time and skill in each card and their individuality.
- They will be able to buy individual cards or sets giving them a choice.
- The cards will be affordable and unique. Its Christmas card season!
Strategy to get people to the stall;
- Brightly coloured table cloth attracting attention.
- Plate of sweets.
- Tags with prices and offers e.g. 1 card for a decided price but 2 for a discounted price.
- Give people the option to mix and match.
- Sign saying what we are selling, emphasis on handmade.
- Discuss between us how many cards we should produce each.
- Figure out a set price for individual cards and packs, taking into consideration the cost of materials etc.
- Buy parcel string to tie around the cards.
- Think about how to make our stall as successful as possible, affordable pricing covering costs and also making a profit, make an attractive stall.
- Sketch ideas and designs for the cards, how many different designs to do?
- Estimate how long each card will take to make, think about the best way to produce them in the time we have and to a high quality.