Some more mugs. I really like the light oatmeal glaze on these porcelain mugs, I want to use it again on my last few mugs to glaze and then use some lasertran images.
I am a bit dissappointed with how the colours came out on these mugs, I put oxide colours over the carved illustration but the colours have come out quite dull and not how I would of like. This is a risk with working with oxides and glazes, they are unpredictable.
I would have liked the colours to come out bolder and brighter, not so much as block colours.
I am pleased with the monster mug! The colours have come out well with the monster image.
I just used transparent glaze on this mug as I wanted to keep the illustration clear. I am glad I did as the image is still visible and would not have been if I had applied oxides as I did with the previous mugs that did not come out how I had hoped.
So many mugs...
I really like the wonky shape of this mugs but not the way the oxides have turned out. The colours are dull.
- The oxides did not turn out as I had hoped and I am dissappointed with some of the results.
- Light oatmeal colours comes out well and I can apply this to my last set of mugs.
- The carved images in the mugs come out well with transparent glaze.
- Some of the oxides over complicate the mugs and remove the focus of the illustration.
- I need to blend in the oxides when applying them to prevent block colours.
- I like glass and I'm very pleased with the results of the bowl.