Friday 15 April 2011

Handmade Books

Single Signiture Pamphlets.

I have been really enjoying making these. This technique is accessible to everyone even if you don't have all the right equipment. You can make a lot of different books. Now that I am feeling a bit more confident, I have started to experiment with the size and shape of the covers and inside papers.



The first one I made in this A5 size is the blue cover one on the right, as you can see the inside paper is not quite as big as the cover. I then made another one and rectified the size of the inside paper to be the size of the cover. As you can see in the red cover book on the left, there is an improvement in the sizing and planning of the book.

Red cover, with heavy weight paper inside. I really like this paper, its an off white marble paper, better quite than the plain paper.







Tiny tree! I really enjoyed making this, although I found it difficult to cut the papers all to the same size. I think this is something I need to work on whilst working on smaller books with more intregate shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment